We are honored that you are interested in serving as a team member of Rebel Cause Inc. As a 100% volunteer-run 501c3, we rely on a special and dedicated group of volunteers to help keep us going!
This is an opportunity for motivated queer-identified and young minority community organizers to have a hand at growing and developing a start-up non-profit.
About Us and Our Mission:
Rebel Cause Inc. aka Rebel Kids is a not for profit organization founded in 2016 by a group of young adults dedicated to developing equitable and sustainable communities in Boston and around the world. Our mission is to encourage sustainable communities’ development by presenting opportunities for social and economic development to disenfranchised individuals, families, and communities throughout the US and around the world.
The purposes for which the Corporation is organized are to perform any and all lawful charitable acts or activities within the meaning specified in Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954, as amended from time to time. These activities include but are not limited to the below mentioned:
- bring about and facilitate the collaboration of groups of minority young adults seeking to improve the quality of life in their communities that fall beneath the poverty level by implementing and coordinating comprehensive social programs and community initiatives.
- promote within those communities the development of projects aimed towards circumventing the perpetuation of racial, generational wealth inequality
- create civic, educational, and employment opportunities of advancement for minority youth residing in poverty
- raise and allocate funds to support the initiating, operating, and coordinating the Corporation’s foregoing purposes.
We endeavor to provide a door, a spark, and the fruition of possibility to residents working to better their local community. We offer a banner to organize for justice, equity, and a sustainable future for our communities by engaging a local-first support system.
What kind of change Rebel Cause Inc seeks to be in the world:
We endeavor to be the rock that organizers and social innovators can count on when getting into the messy and complex work of change.
When local community members take the initiative to bring about positive change to their community, we are here to help.
We hope to facilitate the coalition and integration of community service work and social service initiatives and programs founded and operated by young adults of color serving underserved communities through our unique incubation program. Under the umbrella of Rebel Cause Inc, these grassroots organizations work in partnership to improve their communities’ quality of life through the implementation and coordination of comprehensive micro-level social programs.
Who is a good fit for our culture:
Members of the Rebel Cause Team have an intimate experience with the problems plaguing these communities. This wisdom comes from lived-experience that we believe helps us to more effectively develop programs and initiatives that create tangible change in response to the plights of the disadvantaged communities in which we are residents. We are dedicated to our foundation as a grassroots organization formed and operated by minority inner-city young adults. Thus, we prize our members who share lived- experiences and residential status with the affected communities we serve.
Board Member Expectations:
Those interested in applying to be a Board Member will play a critical role in the strategic growth and organizational development of Rebel Cause Inc’s projects.
Responsibilities towards Rebel Cause Inc would include but is not limited to:
- Understanding the legal and fiduciary responsibility of acting as a Board member of a non-profit 501c3
- Stewardship of grants and other monies received
- Assisting with Grant Writing
- Helping assist with research opportunities that benefit the organization
- Assisting with fundraising
- Taking a leadership role in developing key strategic projects
- Help foster a generative and nurturing organizational culture
-Helping to provide advocacy to our constituents and organizational stakeholders
- Consult with management regarding the strategic and operational direction of the company
- Provide oversight to monitor organizational performance and reduce agency costs
-Identify risk areas and help oversee risk management and compliance with local, State, and Federal regulations
-Plan for, select and develop new executives and project leaders
- Assist with other duties as needed
We are looking for Board Members who are enthusiastic, eager to learn and align with our organization’s cultural values and mission as stated above.